Sarah Palmer: Profile
Contact email – email@example.com
Website Links -
Shows, workshops and residencies completed and coming up in 2011:
• Solo show at Atelier Gallery at Leigh on Sea, Essex. May 2011.
• Len Shelley and Angie Biltcliffe – A Retrospective Exhibition.
Joint development of show at Hastings Museum and Art Gallery. www.hmag.org.uk July – October 2011
• Rye River Walk at the School Creative Centre, Rye, East Sussex. Professional development virtual residency and installation show with Denise Franklin. May – July 2011
• Rye River Workshop: Walking Talking and Drawing. July 2011. River Rother.
• Tracks and Traces. Coastal Currents. Fairlight Studios. Fairlight. September 2011.
• Arts in Romney Marsh. Installation with Denise Franklin. Ivychurch. October 2011.
• Artistic Toys – Gallerie Handwerk, Munich, Group show. Germany. November 2011. www.hwk-muenchen.de/galerie
Sarah has a portfolio career working as an artist, maker, teacher, workshop leader and arts consultant to individuals and organisations both public and private. She has steadfastly pursued her own development as a visual artist, making and showing her work in the UK and abroad.
Sarah is co founder of arts consultancy company Palmer Hamilton Partnership, which is committed to finding ways to develop creative ideas, nurture careers and help creative people flourish. Her experience includes the design, delivery and evaluation of professional development programmes for creative businesses and entrepreneurs at crucial stages of their careers.
Employment and Education
• Artist – www.sarahpalmer.me.uk
• Director of Palmer Hamilton Partnership Ltd
• Freelance arts trainer
• Consultant for professional development networks
• Teacher, tutor, mentor, curator
• Co-founder and workshop development of Walking, Talking and Drawing
• University of Wolverhampton: M.A. in Art and Design (Distinction)
• State University of New York at Buffalo: Advanced course in Ceramics.
• Goldsmiths College, University of London: B. Ed., Cert.Ed.
2003 – present
Director and co-founder of consultancy company Palmer Hamilton Partnership
1996 – 2005
Education and Training Manager and Consultant Director for professional development and business support. Cockpit Arts. London. www.cockpitarts.com
Sarah implemented a range of initiatives to encourage and support visual artists at significant stages of their careers.
1995 – 1996 – Master of Arts (Distinction), Wolverhampton University.
1986 – present
Visual artist – New York State and Hastings
Solo and collaborative exhibitions.
Talks, lectures and demonstrations for arts associations, festivals and museums.
Development of ‘Walking, Talking and Drawing‘ concept, which has been part of Crafts Council professional development forums and artist led workshops.
Trustee of Claremont Studios, Hastings. East Sussex.
1986 – 1996
Lecturer, teacher, curator and workshop co-ordinator in three-dimensional design for further and higher education institutions.
Argentine tango, tennis, travel.
Member of Rye Society of Artists – www.ryesocietyofartists.co.uk
References on request.